18 March 2008

Cheddar Cheese Sauce

Perfect for when we make Salmon Patties and broccoli.
First I wil list it as a single batch. Then x 6 for those of you who feed large crowds like I do.

1 batch
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
dash pepper
1 cup milk
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp mustard (or dry mustard)
dash garlic powder

Over medium-low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook and stir about 1 minute. (This part almost never works for me so I just stir it really quick and then go to the next step.) Stir in salt and pepper and gradually stir in milk. Cook over low heat until thickened. Add cheese, mustard and garlic. Stir until cheese is melted.
I find this recipe works best if I act like a cooking show host and have everything measured/prepared in little cups/bowls ahead of time.

X 6
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper
6 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp mustard
1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder

--Same directions only be sure to use a large pan!--

No comments:

Post a Comment