23 October 2008

Chicken Tetrazzini



Ingredients

8 oz spaghetti, cook as directed on package
1 small chopped onion
1/2 green pepper, chopped, about 2/3 cup
2 Tbsp butter
3-4 Cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 1/2 Cups monterey jack cheese, grated
2 cans, 10.75 oz each, cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of milk
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
grated parmesan for the top

(I usually cook too much spaghetti so when I do I freeze it and then thaw it out to use it when I make this casserole. Also, whenever I boil and chop chicken, I always do extra and freeze that too, for casseroles. Sometimes I can have most of the ingredients for a meal in my freezer, already prepped. You can do that with lots of veggies, shredded cheese, marinara sauces, etc... It sure does save time.)

In a medium skillet, sauté the onions and green peppers lightly in the butter, just to soften them up. I don't like my onion to cook down so that it's soggy so I put it in a minute or two after my green peppers.

Mix onions, peppers and all remaining ingredients (except the parmesan) in a large bowl, thoroughly. Place in 9x13 casserole baking dish. Lightly sprinkle with parmesan cheese to your taste.

Bake in a 350° preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly and a little crispy on top.

Incidentally, this meal can be prepped and frozen in a large ziploc bag and then thawed and baked later.

No comments:

Post a Comment