03 April 2008

Ham Salad

2 cups finely chopped ham
2 stalked (haha I put stalked, I mean stalks) celery, finely chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 hard boiled egg...again finely chopped ;)
1/3 cup mayonnaise (+/-)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp mustard
Tapatío hot sauce, to taste
salt and pepper to taste
I use a food processor to, wait for it -finely- chop everything (separately I should add) but it isn't necessary. Just chop everything up really well if you don't have one. Mix it all up in a medium to large bowl and serve on soft yummy bread, lightly mayo'ed.
When I first made this (because my Grandma Foster always made this when I was little and I was craving it one day) I thought my kids were going to turn their noses up to it...but they LOVE it. My teenagers even pack lunches when I make this. And brag to their friends! WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment