07 February 2008

Candied Pecans

I saw this recipe on a random blog. I have to say...these were extremely easy to make. My husband came home from working overtime and ate about half of them right then and there. The rest he took to work the next day. I got a phone call requesting that I immediately email the recipe to several of his co-workers. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Next I need to locate the old recipe I had for making orange flavored candied pecans. *Yummy*


Candied Pecans


1 teaspoon cold water

1 egg white

1 pound large pecans (4 cups)

1 cup sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt


Beat water and egg white until frothy. Pour over pecans and mix well. Combine sugar, salt and cinnamon. Pour over pecans and mix well. Spread on a cookie sheet. Bake at 225 degrees for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. ( I stir every 15 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment